I am an engineer, roboticist, and programmer.
- 2014–2016: Carnegie Mellon University, M.S. Robotics
- 2008–2014: University of British Columbia, B.A.Sc. Eng. Phys.
My advisor is currently George Kantor. I am currently working on SLAM using a combination of cameras and a LIDAR. I am also interested in sensor fusion and motion planning.
In my spare time, I like to contribute to Wikipedia, make 3D models, work on side projects, do competitive programming, take photos, and do web design.
My email address is the same as my full name except with an ‘@’ in between my first and middle names and a dot between my middle and last name.
- Daniel Lu. (2015) Planar lower envelope of monotone polygonal chains. Information Processing Letters, 115(12), 962-964. doi:10.1016/j.ipl.2015.07.004, arXiv:1412.6619
- Daniel Lu. (2015) Generalization of elementary cellular automata to a higher dimension family including the BML traffic model. arXiv:1501.00733
- Paul Liu and Daniel Lu. (2014) A fast 25/6-approximation for the minimum unit disk cover problem. arXiv:1406.3838