I’ve decided to upload some old versions of my personal website. The earliest ones were when I was 13 years old. It’s pretty embarrassing to show these, actually. The dates are approximate since I don’t remember exactly when I made each version of my website.
My website started out as an “E-portfolio” required by my high school. It was my earliest experience in web design.
- Version 0 (Summer 2007). The earliest version of my website was based on free arcsin.se template.
- Version 1 (Fall 2007). A heavy modification of the previous version.
- Version 2 (Early 2008). A rewrite from scratch.
- Version 3 (Summer 2008).
- Version 4 (?? incomplete).
- Version 5 (Fall 2008). Note, the landing page is an Adobe Flash thing that consists of a button that says “Enter”; clicking it redirects to the hardcoded link on freewebs. Somehow I thought this was cool at the time.
- Version 7 (Fall 2009). The website took on a more emo colour scheme. The background image shown here is from an image I found on the internet for which is it very difficult to find the original author. Other background images which I actually created myself include bgargyle.jpg, bgballs.jpg.
- Version 8 (Summer 2010). The background image is by Blatte from exoteric.roach.org.
- Version 9 (Early 2011). The website is based on a tutorial from Tutorialzine.
- Version 10 (Spring 2011). A brighter facelift of previous version.
- Version 11 (Summer 2011). A complete rewrite from scratch. I put a lot of effort into the “Accordion” animation, but ultimately The website looks nicer if you have the Century Gothic font installed.
- Version 12 (Spring 2012). Another complete rewrite.
- Version 12a (Summer 2012). Small tweaks to previous version.
- Version 13. I started this in Fall 2012, and have been incrementally improving it since. The source code is available on Bitbucket.
3 Other websites
- Transition Website. Website for my high school. This was based on Version 1 of my personal website. Note that this is outdated and is archived only for nostalgia reasons. People interested in the school should be directed to the current website.
- Gadget Website. Website for my 2010 robotics course project. This was based on Version 8 of my personal website.